08 January 2011

Tea Leaves

Tea drinking needs tea leaves. Tea leaves comes in many form. Mostly are processed. Compressed or as it is in shrunken form or each large leave is rolled into a ball.

As the above picture, all are compressed and it is still not 'open'. Even compressed tea have a few forms. Those I have seen are in big biscuit (as in the picture), brick and small bowl. Yup not to leave out the cone shape.

The tea is also classified into raw and ripe. After trying a few types, I am associating myself with the ripe tea.

Some may wonder, why that many tea biscuits. Does it expires? Nah, they can be kept many years. That what makes me start collecting it. Only will acquire them when there is a discount sales.

Next will wait for the discount sales, where I will grab the brick teas. There is one particular brick tea that smells wood.

No comments: