08 January 2006

Chinese New Year in Midvalley Megamall

Suppose to post some photos taken in the past. But this came up all the sudden. Yesterday I was at Mega Mall / Mid Valley shopping complex. Cause my wife wanted to shop there.

We went in to Jaya Jusco looking for what my wife wanted to buy. We saw this. I photo it. I was quite surprised to see the Chinese New Year items on sale and the decoration is up too. This corner, where customer get to decorate their home with these items on display.

One of the item fascinated me. Lion dance doll. The head of the lion is moving. If you were to look carefully the lion head is blurred.

Then I went one level below. As we were descending the escalator. A lot of mandarin orange tree for sale. Today I was in Sungai Buloh area to look for spiral bamboo with my wife, we found a lot of this tree on sale. Price ranging from as low as RM40 to RM200 depending on the size of the tree. This normally seen as Chinese New Year is near.

Stepping up bamboos were next to the mandarin orange trees. At the back is the spiral bamboos.

Stepping up bamboos, a closer look.















Teppanyaki for lunch...

Me and wife got hungry, it was like 1 pm. There were many restaurant in Mid Valley. Chosen Teppanyaki, a Japanese delicacies. A tissue and a pair of chopsticks.

Eating at Teppanyaki, you can choose to sit in front of the chef. That was what we did. I get to see the chef cooking. Picture on the right, chef was doing the vegetables. The vege provided in large portion. Most of it were bean sprout with little carot and cabbage.

There goes our order. My wife salmon, me cuttle fish and someone else beef. The cooking was pretty easy. Oil, butter, salt and pepper. It still tasted good even though the ingredients were simple.

This was the final product of my order. Where the rice arrived on our table first. Then came the cuttle fish. Last the vege.

No comments: