06 February 2006

Somewhere near Petaling Street

Lunch hour on one of the working day, I went to Jalan Sultan to get my second tea set from Purple Cane. There was this promotion, a box with 4 cups and a tea pot plus pack of green tea sunflower seed. Here is what it's looks like.

The teapot is quite small, I can hold it in my palm.
Below is how I have my chinese tea. Not using the whole set, as I was the only one drinking. The tea tray was bought not long ago. Made of bamboo.

I was influence into drinking tea when one of my colleague introduce to me the simple way. A cup with a filter. Where the loose tea leaves is used to get the tea in hot water for drinking. I have read numerous articles on the goodness of tea drinking. I was informed that my hobby makes me looks like an old man. I don't think so. Cause this is to be started while we can, not to wait till we are old and to learn the art of having chinese tea.

I walk from Kota Raya to Jalan Sultan. Along the way I found this.

This shop is selling barbecue dry chicken and pork (yok kon) This is the only one around the the most lanterns. And these lanterns is having alot of oil from the the meat BBQing in front the shop. I guess the lantern won't be that clean by now.

After purchasing the tea set, I took lanterns which happens to be located next to the tea shop. All these lanterns are for sales. There were so many designs. I guess customers were having tough time chosing those they like.

8 comments:

Jellyfish said...

har...
since when i become obor obor d?
keekekekekeke.....

hey, your tea set (2nd pix) looks nice

Chen said...

LOL at jellyfish --> becomes obor-obor :P
I didn't notice that till he pointed out :D

Drinking tea is nice, and beneficial to health ..
much better than drinking coffee.
I learn a lot about tea during my last few trips to China.
Well, people in China drink tea like drinking water :)

PhotoCrazy said...

jellyfish,
hehehe.. obor-obor in malay for jellyfish. Is there any other jelly fish I should know?

Thanks. I took me sometime to choose between the octagon and the square tea tray. Took the octagon because it looks different and I have not seen one so far..


chen,
so.. you bought some tea or tea accessories from China..

golfer said...

I went to Petaling Street before CNY also, the decoration not very nice lah...
I was with my son, I dare not even go in, just wandering around the entrance only.
While I was take photo, there was a Indian guy eyeing on my camera, and then I quickly "cabut" into Starbuck.
Damn Bad.

Chen said...

I bought the tea set & tea products during my previous visit to China :)
Didn't buy any tea leaves or tea products this time.

Selba said...

LOL, don't think that your hobby makes you looks like an old man lah... Cute tea set, like it :)

PhotoCrazy said...

wechang,
u sure about it.. anyway ur camera is still with u.. more photos from ur camera, else it will go into waste.. hehehe...

chen,
I see.. so you have been drinking since that day you got the tea set. And the tea leaves is still a lot left?

selba,
Thanks, but different people have different interpretation.. hehehe..

Chen said...

I don't drink tea very regularly...
Once in a while..
Still a lot leftover ;)