01 October 2011

Campbell Popiah @ Hutong, Lot 10

Was at Lot 10 the other day to have a look at the person call Chua Lam...

And there I was, at lower ground floor Hutong Food Court looking for my lunch. With variety food in the food court, I was like walking around undecided. There I saw someone doing some wrapping work using some round white sheet.


And my brain registered the food for lunch, Popiah, one the local delicacies in Malaysia. And they wrap the multiple popiah so fast.. wait wait.. let rewind a bit... where was I.. okay.. on registering the popiah to my brain, I started to look for the menu to see what choices do I get.


With only 3 choices, the task of choosing became daunting. Lucky the lady was patient with me. Then, "..2 Campbell Mini Popiah please.." (at the time of ordering, not realizing the minimum 2 pieces is required to deal). "..5.30.." I was like huh.. 5.30 pm to get my order. "..huh..'', "..5 ringgit and 30 sen, please..", then I go "..oh..". He he he...okay okay joke aside.

So I parted with my 5 ringgit and 30 sen. And I was directed to the other side to wait for my order.

While I was waiting, I was thinking it must be ready in a minute. Since there was so many of the popiahs being rolled at one time. Looking at the guy doing it and putting it in the a box, only to realize none of them were for me. Waiting I did. At last I got my order, 2 pieces of Campbell Mini Popiah.

With the brain overdoing the visualization of the popiah taste, my mouth started to salivate. Look for a seat, of course with a table. I was about to take a piece and put into my mouth.. wait wait.. ow.. I got to take a photo first.


Okay put away the capturing gadget. Fork and spoon in hand. Ready, get, set and go. 

It is juicy, a little spicy, as I ask for chilly. While munching away, as my tummy is empty. Finished all within few minutes. It tasted to me as any popiah I have taken before, only thing is the taste is not on the heavy side. Just nice. And it is not as dry as others I have tasted.

Conclusion, it taste good. So if you guys have not try it. Do go get it, as I was lucky that day. As earlier I have tried twice to get the popiah, but long queue turned me away. It is famous. And chosen and invited by Tan Sri Dato' Francis Yeoh to have their outlet in Hutong Food Court at Lot 10.

On leaving the food court I dropped by to take some more photos. On seeing me shooting here and there, the owner joyfully thumb upped at me. Click I go on the second time, as the first time he put up his thumb, I was shocked by his action. He also asked me if I have eaten his popiah. Yes I did uncle. Thanks.


Not to be a lengthy person, a final photo of the outlet.


Oh, I have yet to try the other 2 choices. Will do it next round.

No comments: