12 October 2011

Nex-5N + 16mm lens - Pouch

On purchase of this gadget, a camera pouch was bundled. It fits Nex-5N with a 18-55mm lens. But the camera will be loose if it is fitted with 16mm lens.

This has triggered me into innovation mode. Wanting to make a smaller and fitting pouch, off I went in search of materials. A soft thin sponge with cloth stick to it on one side, which happened to be a A4 thin pouch with a zip, that can fit an iPad. And thin foam which are available at book stationary store. With 2 items, thread and needle of I go creating one pouch with a zipper. What trigger me into this was the size of the original pouch which took up some space in my mini backpack.

And below are photos of it.
   



As the camera also comes with a shoulder / neck strap, which I rate as cumbersome, no doubt it is useful. I would rather use a wrist loop just like those come with the compact camera that I had before, Canon S90. There on the table was a piece of nylon strap which was recently left there to rot. I was glad that it didn't went into the bin. With a few stitched the strap appeared and become a permanent to the camera.

These new accessories is home made which is not as good as those in the markets. Just because I like to do some handy work and this are the simple ones and also comes cheap. I had stitched my self another accessories to support my newly acquired camera pouch. Will put it up later.

No comments: