12 October 2011

Rasa Utara Restaurant

Thanks to this article http://soohk.blogspot.com/2011/09/restaurant-rasa-utara-at-berjaya-times.html. I was being led to this place.

I have been passing it a many times. But didn't went in as first thought is the price. From a glance at the menu which was placed just outside the entrance. The choices are more toward dishes rather than individual serving.

On the day I decided to give a try after what SooHK has experienced. I was quite excited at the indivdual meal served. So on arrival at the indoor entrance, I browse the menu, as the waitress approaching me. First I questioned on the menu, "..do you served individual meal, like fried rice, nasi lemak...". I was shown the noodle section. Which was not a lot choices (as it was lunch time). And that is the only section for individual meal. She suggested that I can order one of the dished to go with white rice. Which was not to my liking. I gave a second chance on the noodles available. I was asked to be sitted, then I ordered a Laksa Kedah, scripted on the menu is Tun Dr. Mahathir's favourite. An top with a Air Cincau Mata Kuching.

While waiting....


There goes the kitchen. Not many Malay food restaurant features their kitchen to the customer like this. One get to glimpse the food preparation.


On seeing the stairs, I was curious as to whether there were any seats up above. So I queried the waitress and was told that it was meant for those who put up a reservation. The sittings were divided into two sections, outdoor and indoor. Indoor with air conditioner, that is where I had placed myself.


There goes the noodle I had ordered. Quite interesting and simple. Mint leaves, cucumber, onion, fish, leaks, chilly, carrot and the laksa noodle. The soup was sour. But when eaten together with the noodle it is just nice. After a few spoonful of the noodle and the soup, it get spicy. At the end I sweat even in the air conditioning area. This was how exciting the Laksa has given to me. And Laksa is meant to be sour and spicy at the same time. 


Air Cincau Mata Kuching, served with ice. It is the first time I have tasted this. Most likely it is available out there somewhere, just that I didn't notice or looking for it. The taste of this drink, sweetness of mata kuching with the crispy cincau.


Entrance facing a main road. With tables and chairs on the walkways. At nite it will a nice place to sit and dine.


The breakfast set and also not to miss the evening tea break set. I might go there to try out the breakfast. As it would not be a cheap one for me. 


Here is what the outdoor entrance looks like. Abit on the kampong style with a modern touch.


This entrance is access from the inside of Berjaya Time Squares. This was where I went in the restaurant.


And the billed.


Actually this restaurant has a lot more interesting food which I would like to try. But to try it out, I need a group of people with me. Or else I have to order a dish at a time. That mean I have to visit the place as many time as the available dishes. How absurd it is.

If you have a gang who would like to take Malay food this is one of the restaurant to try out. Or if you want to know how Tun Dr. Mahathir like his food, this is your chance.

Now I have to plan my next trip there. I am wondering who wants to join me.... 

Note: The article above is based on my experience, I am not paid to produce this article.

3 comments:

golfer said...

Looking at the restaurant, there is a marketing strategy issue. I think it is kind of hard for this shop to survive for long. Perception is important concerns in marketing, they have to figure out how to change this.

PhotoCrazy said...

Ya it is something seriously to be check at.. they provide catering too.. but not sure what is going to make them last longer

The Secret Artist said...

Secret to last longer: Dato Robin Tan's funding from Berjaya Corp. Now Rasa Utara has 4 outlets in total.
1. BTS
2. Mid Valley
3. Cyberjaya
4. Putrajaya