10 October 2011

Dragon-i Restaurant, La Mien.

Was at IKEA, as wondering around looking for any sign of new item that worth my deposit of interest. Then went over to the Curve to sample Border's book. And also Daiso to hunt down the item for self made tools.

Next came the interesting time, lunch hours. Started to look for outlet with food that will filled my growling tummy.

Found this outlet with the word Dragon-i on it. Almost missed it as it is placed at the end of the Street at Curve. That was not my first time in Dragon-i for lunch. But it was my first time in this outlet in the Curve.

As normal, dishes with white rice were ordered, but that day we decided to try out the individual meal.

La Mien, was my choice. Ok, my bad as I forgot to record the actual name given to this and the other meals I had ordered. On one glance it looks like curry noodle, which made me drool, as curry noodle is one of my favorite. And it is fresh hand made noodle.

The sauce has a mixture of taste, which really tested my taste bud. A light sourly taste with a little spicy added to the thick sauce. The sourly taste bring me to the taste of laksa, but not as heavy as laksa. Taste of peanut is heavy. I even thought it tasted like the satay sauce. This sauce is something new to me. Not everybody likes peanut. I like it but not crazy about it.



Then the steam chicken rice with lap cheong and mushroom, this is good. The chicken is soft. Can't really explain the taste. It seems like oyster sauce is used.  


The last, fried rice. Not something special but it is good. Where this boy loves it.

At times when we are in this kind of restaurant, we tends to order the dishes that are served with plain rice. And we seldom give a second thought to order the invidual meal. Where it does surprise us with the good taste.

No doubt the famous food is the steam dumpling. This dumpling is much spoken in the internet world.

And in this outlet I get to see the chef doing the noodle. The dough is pulled multiple time. Each pull is accompany with a half fold. Each pull make the dough thinner. In the end, it become the strings of fine noodle. So the name, la mien

No comments: